Some Advices to Software Developers
Published on March 10, 2019
2 min read
Hi friends, in this article, I will share with you the recommendations I learned from the expert developers for software developers.
- First of all, when developing a software, we need to consider every unexpected situation.
- It is necessary to log every situation against possible problems.
- Before starting a job, it is necessary to simply create a structure by writing and drawing on paper.
- It is necessary to conduct research and be prepared about the critical points of the work to be done.
- If the source control system is used, the codes must be committed frequently.
- A commit should not solve two or more problems. Each commit should produce a solution to a problem.
- Commit messages should be read and understood.
- Codes should be commented where necessary, not where necessary.
- Instead of implementing the first solution, it is necessary to apply the best quality solution.
- Development tools appropriate to my needs should be used. The developer should not change the framework or the tool just because he enjoyed it.
- Everything should be clear, rather than assuming.
- Developers should help people who are less experienced than him / her, and they should listen to more experienced people.
- Instead of finishing a job fast, it is necessary to finish correctly.
- In addition to technical skills, human relations should also be considered.
I wanted to collect the advices I learned from more experienced people than me. Good reading :).
This article has been prepared by using flood from Gökhan Şengün Twitter address. (With his knowledge). Thank you very much.
Thank you for reading. Sharing and applause will increase motivation :).